I have been Rolfed® and it has been the best thing that has happened to me physically and mentally. I had an accident 20 years ago water skiing that left me with back pain, I thought from a crushed back disc which is what the doctor said. I have been to 2 different neurosurgeons 10 years apart; had several nerve blocks, 2 bone scans, 4 Chiropractors, 3 orthopedic surgeons, 3 pain management doctors, and 3 rehab doctors and 5 nerve ablations on my lower spine. None of which could come close to relieving the pain. I exercise everyday hoping that will lessen the pain. I eat right, am the right weight, don't smoke, drink or do anything that would cause more pain. Also, I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia 9 years ago and I have TMJ. When someone told me about Rolfing®, it was as if they were talking about the always present pain I had had for so long. I called immediately to set up an appointment. I was hooked on the first visit. It helped in ways I didn't know anything could.
I had never heard of Rolfing and when I did, I was intrigued. I did some research and found Jola so that I could investigate whether this could help me. From the first meeting with her I was so completely comfortable and confident that she could help me. I had been struggling with pain from a degenerative joint and bone disease and did not want to rely on medicine alone. I was extremely interested when she told me that most results last years, if not a lifetime. I completed the entire 10 session course and was amazed at the results I got from it. Even after the first session I could tell a noticeable difference in not just the way I walked but my pain level while moving around. Through the ten sessions, I continued to experience relief that made a big impact on my life and how I functioned. I could walk longer without pain, sit longer with out pain, and sleep better because I was not in agonizing discomfort. Near the end of my sessions I even brought my 7 year old daughter in to see Jola because she was walking on the sides of her feet and her toes were becoming crooked. Her pediatrician told me that this was genetic and there was nothing to be done for it. In just one session Jola straightened out her toes and corrected her walk. Even now almost 2 years later her toes are straight as an arrow and she walks completely normally. After I completed the initial ten sessions I was very pleased with the results and continue to be pleased with them. Last year I was told I had two bulging discs in my neck and that surgery might be needed. I went to see Jola and she worked on me. I have been symptom free since then. I would absolutely trust her to work on me or my family again. She is not only excellent at what she does, but is a kind, caring person who makes you feel like you are not just her patient but her friend. I highly recommend her to anyone, not just those with major medical conditions.
These Testimonials may be found on the www.Rolf.org web site
Many professional and Olympic athletes have found that Rolfing enhances performance and reduces recovery time for sport related injuries. Among the many professional sports figures who have benefited from Rolfing are:
- Phil Jackson, Los Angeles Lakers coach says, "I'm the kind of person that likes to physically challenge myself. I think (Rolfing) is a valuable resource...for keeping myself together."
- Charles Barkley, former basketball star
- Chris Carter, ex-Minnesota Viking football star
- Qadry Ismail, Baltimore Ravens football star
- The Phoenix Suns basketball team has players work with a Rolfer
- Mario Lemieux, hockey legend
- Bob Tewksbury, ex-pitcher for the Minnesota Twins
- Ivan Lendl, former tennis champion
- Craig Swan, former N.Y. Mets pitcher, and Certified Rolfer, whose career ended from a sports injury. "Bodywork can extend athletic careers," says Swan. "I truly believe if I had received Rolfing in the early part of my career, I would still be pitching today."
- Bret Saberhagen, former Kansas City Royals Pitcher
- Tom Seaver, Baseball Hall of Fame pitcher
- Jeff Linder, competitive cyclist
- Michelle Kwan, 2002 U.S. Olympic figure skater, 98 Olympic Silver Medallist
- Elvis Stojko, 2002 Canadian Olympic figure skater, 98 Olympic Silver Medallist says, "Rolfing helped me to find my center of balance for competition."
- Wendy Wagner, 2002 U.S. Olympic Nordic Ski team
- Iginia Boccalandro, 2002 and '98 Venezuelan Olympic luge team and Certified Rolfer
- Ben Hindle, 2002 Canadian Olympic bobsleigh team
- John Bauer, 2002, '98 & '92 U.S. Olympic Nordic Ski team, 8x National Champion
- Sarah Will, five times U.S. Paralympic Gold Medal Skier, credits her gold medal to Rolfing. She says, "Rolfing increased my performance time 100%."
- Isabelle Brasseur & Lloyd Eisler, 2x Canadian Olympic bronze medal pairs figure skaters
- Brian Orser, Olympic Silver Medallist and World Champion figure skater
- Sharon Sander, ranked #2 on the U.S. Pentathlon team
- Lance Deal, 2000 U.S. Olympic hammer thrower, 96 Olympic Silver Medal
- Erin Aldrich, 2000 U.S .Olympic high jumper and 2x All-American
- Joe Greene, 1996 U.S. Olympic Bronze Medal winner of the long jump, now training to win the Olympic gold medal, says "Rolfing has made a huge difference."
- Kristen Ulmer, former World Champion Extreme skier
- John Egan, world renowned Extreme skier
- Mickey Egan, Rumanian Olympic Skier
- Grant Ernhardt, a U.S. Biathlon team member, 2002 Olympic hopeful
- Leon Fleisher, virtuoso concert pianist
- Sean Young, who has starred in the movies "Bladerunner", "No Way Out", "Ace Ventura: Pet Detective", "Wall Street", "Fatal Instinct", "Once Upon a Crime", and a few dozen others receives Rolfing"®" from Certified Rolfer Bob Brill. Willie Nelson, songwriter: "My wife recommended (Rolfing) highly", says Willie Nelson, "...The first of ten sessions fixed (my back pain)," reported the New York Times, on Feb. 23, 1995.
- Sam Keen, best-selling writer, is a former Psychology Today editor and co-producer of award winning PBS documentary "Faces of The Enemy".
- Courtney Love, actress/singer
- Denis Leary, actor/comedian
- Fritz Perl, psychotherapist
- Mary Elizabeth Mastontonio, Broadway/movie actress
- Maria Benitez, Flamenco Dancer
- Steve Turre, jazz trombonist